The Hollis Social Library offers downloadable audiobooks and eBooks in cooperation with other New Hampshire libraries through the NH Downloadable Book Consortium. This consortium is curated and funded by the New Hampshire State Library.
First-time user? Read Getting Started with Overdrive.
Libby, By Overdrive Labs is the new app from Overdrive. (The Overdrive App is no longer supported by Overdrive. HSL recommends switching over to Libby if you have the Overdrive App.)
Libby is an easy to use, intuitive interface that allows you to borrow audiobooks and eBooks for FREE from your library.
Get started today by downloading the Libby App.
Things to Know
- eBooks & audiobooks check out for 7 days or 14 days (borrower’s choice).
- You can have 3 items checked out at one time.
- You can return a title early. You do not have to wait for it to expire.
- You can renew an item if no one is waiting for it.
- eBooks & audiobooks function the same as a physical item. The electronic license, for an item, can only be out to one device at a time. Because of this you may encounter wait lists for items.
- We recommend using the Libby App on all touchscreen devices.
- If you’re using a Kindle Fire, we recommend that you browse Overdrive through your web browser and then download your chosen title to your Kindle App.
- If you have a device that is not a touchscreen: go to the Overdrive website on your computer, download your chosen title, and then transfer the item over to your device.
Getting More Help
- At NH Downloadable Book Consortium, click on Help at the top right of the page.
- At the NH Downloadable Books blog, look on the right side of the page to get help. Scroll down for even more help.