Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
We’re starting off the new decade with a NEW LIBRARY SYSTEM and we’re so excited to tell you all about it! In March of 2020, we will be migrating to a new platform to best meet all your library needs. We have selected KOHA, a powerful and multi-faceted system that will allow us to offer even more access and ease of use to our members.
As with any new endeavor, there may be some hiccups while we navigate the new system. Rest assured that your friendly and knowledgeable librarians will be working hard to keep the transition smooth.
In order to do that, we need training and that will require some time to work with the KOHA professionals right here at Hollis Social Library.
We will be CLOSED on Monday, February 3rd through Wednesday, February 5th in order to learn all we can before the launch of our new system.
We appreciate your patience and support during this process and we feel confident that the end result will be worth the wait!
New special features of KOHA
- Text message notifications
- Online payment capability
- Self-checkout station
- Searchable online media through our catalog
- Upgraded customization of your account
How might I be affected by the transition?
- You may find that your PIN number changes (to the last four digits of your library card)
- We may need to reset your notification type
- Our system will be temporarily unavailable during the migration (the date is TBD but early March is our goal)